Wildlife Wonders offers a glimpse into Otways ecosystems before the arrival of predators such as foxes and cats, where native wildlife lives freely in a flourishing bushland environment.
This eco experience opened in 2021 and showcases the beautiful ecosystems and inhabitants of the Otway Ranges set against a stunning ocean backdrop.
Educational experiences on offer
Guided sanctuary tour – students will experience a variety of ecosystems found in the magical Otways and the interactions which exist in nature. The knowledgeable conservationist guide will share the secrets of the bush and the plants, fungi and animals who call the Otways home. With prior negotiation, the visit can specifically cater to a general curriculum focus required by the school. There are a range of learning resources available to supplement the experience.
Research Base visit – students will learn about conservation and research projects currently being undertaken across the Otways by the Conservation Ecology Centre. Students will also observe some of the research work ‘in action’, including camera traps and nesting boxes, and learn about equipment ecologists use to conduct research.
- Practical scientific fieldwork – students can undertake hands-on fieldwork experiences such as flora and fauna identification, qualitative and quantitative field studies, ecological sampling techniques such as quadrat data collection and field sketching.
Every visit to Wildlife Wonders supports a brighter future for nature across Australia and around the world. 100% of profits from Wildlife Wonders support the crucial work of the Conservation Ecology Centre, supporting critical research and vital on-ground works to tackle the most urgent conservation challenges facing the wildlife and habitats of the Otways.
Including but not limited to Biology, Environmental Science, Geography, Science, ecology, ecosystems, interactions, natural sciences, environmental change and management, scientific research methods, business, tourism, hospitality.
For bookings or more information, please call Wildlife Wonders on 1300 099 467 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our flyer for costs and additional details.
- The Wildlife Wonders experience is a 1.4km, 75minute guided tour along a gently sloping and meandering path. We recommend wearing comfortable, enclosed walking shoes and checking the weather forecast before you visit. In summer, it may be quite hot, so we recommend you bring sunscreen and wear a hat. In winter, it may be cold, windy and rainy, so we recommend a warm jacket. It can rain at any time of the year in the Otways, so it’s best to be prepared with a rainproof jacket.
- Our tours run in almost all weather conditions and the bush is beautiful in the rain. However, we do reserve the right to delay or reschedule your tour if extreme weather threatens your safety.
- There are no cages at Wildlife Wonders – all animals are free to roam as they would in a bushland environment. Hence, we cannot guarantee wildlife sightings, however the following animals are onsite and it is quite rare that groups don’t see koalas and more: Eastern grey kangaroos; Red-bellied pademelons; Swamp wallabies; Red-shouldered; wallabies; Southern brown bandicoots; Long-nosed potoroos; Eastern bettongs & Emus
- There is ample parking for visitors at Wildlife Wonders. We are able to accommodate campervans, caravans, minibuses and coaches.