From Apollo Bay
Wildlife Wonders is located 5km south of Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road.
When you see the sign, take the next turnoff on the left for the carpark. It’s approximately 7 minutes’ drive from the Apollo Bay Visitor Information Centre.
By car (from Melbourne or the airport)
Apollo Bay is 197km from Melbourne CBD and will take approximately 2hours and 30 minutes to drive. The step by step directions below should take you there:
- Travel from Melbourne city onto the Westgate Freeway (or if departing Tullamarine Airport follow the signs to Geelong via the M80 Ring Road)
- Continue onto Princes Freeway (if you are driving from Avalon Airport you’ll join the Princess Freeway just before Geelong)
- Continue on the M1 to Cape Otway Rd/C135 in Mount Moriac
- Take Forrest-Apollo Bay Rd to Great Ocean Rd/B100 in Skenes Creek
- Turn right onto Great Ocean Rd/B100
- Arrive in Apollo Bay
Alternatively, taking the scenic route via the Great Ocean Road will add 30 minutes to your journey (plus photo stops). To drive the Great Ocean Road, exit the Princes Freeway at the Torquay exit.
If you are arriving to Wildlife Wonders from further away than Apollo Bay, we suggest you aim to arrive at least 20 minutes before the start of your tour. The Great Ocean Road is often busy, and your trip can take longer than you anticipate.
By public transport
Apollo Bay can be reached via the V-Line bus from either Geelong or Colac, where it meets some V-Line train services from Melbourne. Busses connect with the Melbourne – Warrnambool train line at:
- Geelong Train Station and travel along the Great Ocean Road through Torquay, Anglesea, Lorne and other coastal towns
- Colac Train Station (Wednesday and weekends only) and travel via the hinterland through Forrest, Barramunga, Tanybryn and Skenes Creek
For train and bus information and timetables visit: ptv.vic.gov.au or call 1800 800 007
Once in Apollo Bay, the Visitor Information Centre can arrange transport for you to Wildlife Wonders.