The health and safety of our visitors and our team are our priority. We will continue to actively monitor the situation and adhere to advice provided by the Australian Government.
What measures is Wildlife Wonders taking in regard to COVID-19?
- We are working closely with regional- and public health authorities to implement new safety measures and to inform our staff and guests on relevant updates on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- We have adjusted our daily work programs to intensify cleaning in high traffic areas.
- In public areas, we are providing hand sanitiser gel and encourage our guests to observe advice from the Australian Government Department of Health on recommended hygiene practices, social distancing and for more information.
- We provide the option to postpone booking to future dates and waive any associated booking amendment fees.
- We are executing exceptionally good hand hygiene with frequent hand washing, hand sanitising to protect ourselves and others from COVID-19.
- We register contact details of visitors to Wildlife Wonders.
- We ensure that face masks, gloves and paper tissues are available to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
- We provide guidelines on social distancing upon check in.
- We are briefing all our colleagues to keep an eye out for the symptoms of coughing, fever and/or shortness of breath, and to take action if they feel unwell or if any of our staff or guests report feeling unwell.
- We have briefed our employees, contractors, and customers that if COVID-19 starts spreading in our community anyone with even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more) needs to stay at home. They should also stay home (or work from home) if they have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection.